Ordering, cancelling, and returning products
We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website. Find out more about our Refund policy which is incorporated into these Conditions.
Contract creation and electronic contracting
If your order uses a credit/debit card, Paypal or other similar payment mechanism then the technical steps required to create the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process. You will be guided through the process of placing an order by a series of simple instructions on the Website
- We will send you an order acknowledgement email detailing the products you have ordered. This is not an order confirmation or order acceptance from Cookes Pianos
- As your product is shipped we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
- Order acceptance and the completion of the contract between you and us will take place on the despatch to you of the Products ordered unless we have notified you that we do not accept your order, or you have cancelled it in accordance with the instructions in Change or cancel an order
- You will be charged on confirmation of your order
- If the product is being delivered direct to you from a one our partner suppliers, you may be charged at any point between confirmation of your order and despatch. The exact timing of this will vary according to supplier and the product you are ordering
If you have applied for either our Credit or Money Back Rental schemes then the contract between you and us will only be formed as follows: -
- You provide us with the additional details requested following your application
- You successfully complete our credit check
- You sign the appropriate contract either physically or electronically
Non-acceptance of an order may be a result of one of the following:
- The product you ordered being unavailable from stock
- Our inability to obtain authorisation for your payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- In the case of our Credit and Money Back Rental schemes then you fail our credit check process
- Your not meeting the eligibility to order criteria set out in the main Terms & Conditions
The contract will be concluded in English.
If you do require any information regarding orders you have placed with Cookes Pianos, please write to us at: Customer Services, Cookes Pianos, Cookes Pianos,
Consumer Contracts Regulations 2013
This legislation offers you the following cancellation rights when you buy online or by phone:
- You are entitled to cancel your contract if you so wish, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive the goods or services.
- Your right to return products does not apply to goods made to your specification, that have been clearly personalised or which by reason of their nature cannot be returned or are liable to deteriorate or expire rapidly.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- To exercise the right to cancel, you must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel and, where available, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 01603 625970, or write to: Customer Services,
- If you decide to cancel, you should return the goods to us at your cost within 14 days of such cancellation and we will reimburse to you (by the method used to pay for the original transaction) the amount in relation to goods to which cancellation rights apply. This includes the cost of delivery (except for the supplementary costs arising if you choose a type of delivery other than our standard and least expensive method of delivery).
- We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss in value of any goods supplied, if the loss is the result of unnecessary handling by you. We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
Please see our Refund policy for further details.