Money-back Rental at Cookes

Now you can have a new instrument or piano in your own home to judge for yourself the wonderful world that music can open up for you and your family. From as little as £8 a month you can hire almost any instrument from our wide range. 

After you have been renting for a while, you may decide to buy the instrument. In the first six months, we refund ALL the rental paid. Between six and twelve months, we refund 70% of the rental. After a year you will get 40% of everything you have paid until it reaches half of the new price. If you decide to purchase a different instrument of a higher retail value in the first year, we still make the same allowances. 

Typical Rental Prices


Instrument Monthly Rental from
Violin £8.00
Cello £16.00
Guitar £8.00
Clarinet £11.00
Flute £10.00
Alto Saxophone £20.00
Tenor Saxophone £27.50
Cornet £12.00
Trumpet £10.00
Trombone £22.00

Acoustic Pianos

Make Model Monthly Rental
Neumann   £10.00

Digital Pianos

Make Model Monthly Rental
Yamaha P105 £25.00


ID required to apply for Rental & Credit Applications

Essential ID:

  • Proof of current address e.g. valid driving licence or a recent utility bill (last 3 months)
  • Photo ID e.g. Valid driving licence, passport etc…
  • Proof of employment

Desired ID:

  • Student ID, University ID, NHS card…


To apply for credit or rental, add the items to your basket and select either Apply for our 0% Credit Scheme or Apply for Money Back Rental at checkout

I am a student what do I need to apply for credit?

  • Address during term time
  • Address during holidays
  • College/university name and address
  • Student email address
  • Course being studied
  • Tutor’s name
  • How long you have left of the course

I am self employed what do I need to apply for credit?

  • Business address
  • Contact number
  • 2 business referees including an accountant if possible. Name, address, relationship & contact number

I am currently unemployed or between work can I still apply for credit?

  • A guarantor will be required. They will need to complete a pink application to allow us to run a credit check and sign a guarantor agreement
  • Proof of current address and details of a nearest relative will still be required

Partner/Parents to take out agreement

What information will you require if I am a Housewife/husband or Stay at home mum/dad?

  • We need proof of income to finance the agreement (can be a partner living at the same address)