Kawai CS11 Digital Piano, Polished Ebony
The Kawai CS11 Digital Piano is a feature packed instrument for musicians of all styles. Designed with the home user in mind, the CS11 features USB connectivity to play MP3 or WAV files directly out of the CS11?s speakers. The Grand Feel II wooden keys have a seesaw motion and weighted feel for true acoustic piano authenticity. The Soundboard speaker system pushes a room filling sound with atmospheric quality. The grand feel, soft and sostenuto pedals offer the detailed feel of an acoustic grand piano. The CS11's gloss black finish and closed back stand is a smart look.
Established in 1927, Kawai is now one of the largest music manufacturers in the world. Kawai focus only on creating high quality acoustic and digital pianos and have produced some of the most famous concert grand pianos in the world, such as the Shigeru Kawai EX and Shigeru Kawai SK-5. In creating their range of digital pianos, Kawai make use of this expertise to replicate as closely as possible the experience of playing an acoustic grand piano. Kawai pioneered the use of wooden key components in digital pianos and continue to innovate for an ever more authentic piano playing experience.
The Grand Feel II keyboard action provides you with a similar feel to an acoustic grand piano. The wooden keys’ bass note counterweights and graded hammer provide a smoother action that’s similar to an acoustic piano. The triple-sensor key detection produces a range of responsive sounds that are receptive to subtle nuances in the way that you play. Extra long keys allow a more sensitive feel, as well as assisting with the Touch Curve feature. Ivory Touch key surfaces are smooth and allow a natural feel for your playing, as well as absorbing fingertip perspiration to assist playing control.
The Kawai CS11’s 88 keys have professional touch curves for a natural sound. The five touch curve presets allow users to access some of Kawai’s most respected sounds, and produce them with equal amounts of accuracy and quality. The touch curves have been designed to produce the most precise sound of each piano. The CS11’s sound has been modelled after two of the most respected acoustic pianos around: the Shigeru Kawai SK-EX and Shigeru Kawai SK-5. These pianos produce exceptional clarity with precise tone. The Kawai CS11 can be as complex or modest as each user prefers, making it suitable for a variety of playing styles and abilities.
The CS11’s digital screen makes editing and navigation easier than ever. The dedicated buttons to control the metronome, recording functions and effects provide easy access to the different features. The screen and controls are in an optimum position for using quickly in a performance or recording situation. The backlighting on the screen makes it easy to read in different lighting.
Kawai have focused the CS11 to produce a sound that is atmospheric and true to an acoustic. This is accomplished through the innovative soundboard speaker which pushes sound to the entire room. The top speakers add a realistic projection from the CS11, whilst the tweeter speakers add high frequencies and brightness. The resulting sound is full of clarity, depth and accuracy. For silent practice, the SHS technology gives you the equal compelling sound in the privacy of your headphones.
Developing your skills has never been easier thanks to Kawai’s lesson features. The Concert Magic has 88 integrated songs, varying from classical to Christmas, with adjustable rhythm and tempo. The Concert Magic intuitively adjusts to your playing, making it suitable for anyone wanting to enhance their sense of rhythm. The on board Alfred’s Basic Piano lessons offer a more traditional layout for learning music, whilst still remaining easy to use and accessible to all.
Kawai 5 Year Warranty
As an expression of the confidence Kawai have in the design and manufacturing of their instruments, they offer a 5-year warranty for parts and labour with all their newly released digital pianos (only available in the UK).
- Height: 1049mm
- Width: 1510mm
- Depth: 542mm
- Weight: 99KG
- Keys: 88
- Action: Grand Feel II Action with Let Off and Triple Sensor
- Sound Source: Harmonic Imaging XL, 88-Key Piano Sampling
- Piano Sound Model: Shigeru Kawai EX, Kawai EX, SK-5
- Surface: Ivory Touch Keys
- Internal Sounds: 60
- Full Range Speaker: Soundboard
- Top Speaker Size: 40 x 70mm
- Number of Speakers: 2 Full Range, 2 Tweeters, 2 Top
- Tweeter Speaker Size: 20 x 14mm
- Speaker Output: 2 x 45 Watts
- Headphone Sound: SHS System
- Maximum Polyphony: 256 Notes
- Reverb: Room, Lounge, Small Hall, Concert Hall, Live Hall, Cathedral
- Recorder: 10 Songs, 2 Tracks, Max 90.000 Notes
- Touch Curves: Light+, Light, Normal, Heavy, Heavy+, User
- Piano Music: 29 Songs
- Concert Magic: 176 Songs
- LCD Display: 128 x 64 Pixels with Backlight
- Metronome: 10 Beats, Tempo, Adjustable Volume
- Drum Patterns: 100
- Keyboard Cover: Folding
- Effects: Stereo Delay, Ping Delay, Triple Delay, Chorus, Classic Chorus, Tremolo, Classic Tremolo, Auto Pan, Classic Auto Pan, Phaser, Rotary
- Temperament: Equal Temperament (Equal Piano Only), Pure Temperament (Major), Pure Temperament (Minor), Pythagorean, Meantone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Equal Temperament (Flat), Equal Temperament (Equal Stretch), USER Temperament
- Jacks: Line In, Line Out, 3.5mm Headphone, 6.3mm Headphone, MIDI In/Out, USB to Host, USB to Device
- Lesson Functions: Total 542 Songs
- Pedals: Damper with Half Pedal, Sostenuto, Soft
- Finish: Black Polish